Friday 23 September 2011

Thing 22: Mashups & Libraries

letter M Disney Scrabble Letter A letter S H letter U Block Letter P letter S

Mashups were really fun to look at and play around with. It's amazing what some people have created out there, I really liked looking at the creativity of the Libraryhack winners.

I had fun playing around with the Mashups. I liked Flickr Colour Pickr and Spell With Flickr. I spent some time making mosaics with Mosaic Maker which was fun. I created a mosaic of my overseas trips.

I think that mashups are just another opportunity for libraries to give a message in a fun way. Perhaps mashing up some content would help make students remember our services better? Or give them a clear idea of how everything is linked together? Maybe we could create a mashup of a library floor plan, showing students exactly where the social work area is etc.

I went to the VALA 2010 conference and I thought that video was awesome. It was very inspirational  and really set the tone of the conference at the time. I think that it makes a very valid point about the expectations of a new generation.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about the library floor plan- are you game to do it? Have a try?
    I didn't realise you were at VALA 2010- I was there also- hope to make it to VALA 2012!!

    ReplyDelete