Sunday 19 May 2013

Our Family is Expanding!

We are going to be parents to our new little fur baby. I'm excited to announce the arrival next week of our fur-son Ollie (Oliver).

The snuggly little guy on the left is Ollie. As cute and adorable as his brother is, our yard is just not big enough for 2 dogs.

Cuddles

What's this? Lets eat it and find out.

I've always wanted an English Springer Spaniel. My grandparents had one called Casper when I was younger and he was wonderful - intelligent, a fantastic temperament and protective of his family. For a very long time after Casper passed away I missed him. This is what made me know that I wanted an English Springer Spaniel.

Ollie joins us very soon. We've spent all weekend puppy-proofing our yard to get things ready for him. It was a bit sooner than either of us expected to get a pet, but Ollie was available and the breed isn't widespread in Australia so I didn't want to miss out on an available litter.

2 comments:

  1. I loooove Springer Spaniels. So sweet, and they have the softest, silkiest ears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Springers are really stunning, and have such friendly easygoing natures. I love the ears too, they are really silky and soft. You'll have to come and visit us sometime so you can meet him :)

    ReplyDelete