Sunday 21 August 2011

Thing 16: YouTube

Wow! I knew there would be a lot of library YouTube videos but I didn't expect how fantastic some of them would be! It was hard to chose just one to embed!

I definitely think YouTube is a great way to reach library users, and I think its marketing potential is greater than some of the other tools, like podcasts. The challenge in using YouTube though is finding a way to stand out from every other YouTube video, whilst still providing users with some information about library services. I think YouTube has a lot of potential - it can be a much nicer format than the standard lecture spiel about what the library offers (important information I know, but not retainable for new users) by offering acting, and allowing for props and humour. Plus we know most of our students are familiar with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment